| June 12th: Courtesy Vessel Check by KPSS
Our Annual Recreational Vessel Courtesy Check (By KPSS) will be performed this Sunday from 10am - 2pm
| June 15th: O Canada
The O Canada Sailing Vessel will be here around June 15th! Come down and visit this fantastic Boat! Lean more about it's adventures. It will be here for several days!
| June 16: Team Rafuse Boyd Rio Fundraiser
Our fundraiser is next Thursday!
We just wanted to remind everyone about our fundraiser next week, and get you excited for what we have in store! Check out this list of our live auction items:
And back by popular demand 150 balloons with great prizes inside.
- "Blue Shelter" painting by local artist Jane Colden
- Carved and painted Pike Fish by Stefan Ruksys
- Five Night Cottage stay on Christie Lake near Perth (donated by Austin Sweezey and Marie Halsey)
- Dinner for four at Wooden Heads and dinner for four at Casa Dominica
- Volkl Chiara skis with bindings from Sepp's Skis and Snowboards
- Two tickets to Tragically Hip concert in Kingston on August 20th (generously donated by the Hip)
We hope to see you next week!
Danielle and Erin
| YOGA AT KYC With Norah Greatrix!
Come down to KYC for yoga, every Wednesday!
About Nora >> Sign up Today!
- Where: Partridge Room (Upstairs), KYC
- When: 1545h, every Wednesday, classes formally start at 1600h.
- Cost: The cost is $10 per session (which we will be happy to apply to your account)
- What to Bring: Mat, comfortable clothes & H2O (A mat can be arranged in advance if you need, please contact Norah for this and with any questions pertaining to what will be covered in class).
| Beer of the Week
Farm Table : Patersbier
Farm Table Series are seasonable beers inspired by tradition and brewed true to a classic style. Patersbier (Father's Beer) is a belgian-style ale. Milder in alcohol than a dubbel or tripel, Patersbier was traditionally brewed by monks to enjoy within the walls of their abby, while they worked away brewing their famous strong ales. Expect a great drinkable beer, with traditional Belgian yeast character.
| Wine of the Month
This month we decided to shake things up a bit!
We are offering a Rose Wine for your summer buds enjoyment!
This Rose is Made in Rhone France By Caves Des Papes! It is a very summery rosé, with fresh cherries and raspberries on the nose and refreshing herbal touches of licorice, sage and lavender on the palate. Full-bodied with good acidity and an herbal finish. Great with anything off our BBQ!! It is made from a blend of Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault. It comes from some of the best vineyards of the appelation, in the south east of the mont ventoux mountains.
| Racing Update
Our May series has been completed! Congratulations to the winners:
- PHRF I: 1st Touch of Class, 2nd Force 10, 3rd Dragon Bait
- PHRF II: 1st Jammin, 2nd Selene
- Sharks: 1st Dartos, 2nd Shanti, 3rd Cariad
- Send email to the Race Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for crew or a boat.
- Sign up on the white board at the bar by 5 pm on race nights and we'll get you on a boat that evening.
- Contact Chrystal Wilson at email@example.com to take a paying visitor along when you do your race committee duty.
Upcoming: Single/Doublehanded Race this Saturday June 11 (Skipper's meeting 0930, start 1030)
| Adult Learn to Sail Update
The Adult Learn to Sail has undergone some minor changes. If you were unaware, or would like more information on the updates, please click the link below to learn more about the changes and updates to the Adult Sailing Program. Make sure to tell your friends and colleagues!
New Adult Learn to Sail Program
| Cruising Fleet Events
There are a few planned events coming up. Please let us know if you plan to attend, it would be appreciated for planning purposes. The following events will need your response as soon as possible:
- Gananoque Cruise and Play House - June 11-12th – Please Contact Brenda Charette
- Mackenzie’s Cottage – June 25-26 – Contact Judith and Robert MacKenzie
- Amherst Island Concert Cruise – July 3 – Contact Marion and Hans Westenberg
- Kingston Power and Sail Squadron – July 8 – 10 – Contact May Corcoran
If you plan to attend the picnic, please complete the attached link for the registration for, complete and send it to me. My address is 159 Rose Abbey Dr. Kingston, Ontario, K7K-7L9
2016 Picnic Registation Form
| CORK/Sail Kingston Volunteers
Join the CORK/ Sail Kingston team this summer! Here is the exciting regatta schedule:
July 22-24 Etchells Canadians and the Olson 30 North American Championship
August 11-14 CORK International Optimist Regatta & the Sail Canada Youth and Senior Board Championships
August 14-18 CORK International, Sail Canada Youth Championships, 29er North American Championship
August 19-25 J/22 World Championship
August 19-24 CORK Olympic Class Regatta and Sail Canada Senior Championships
August 19-23 FINN Eastern Championship
August 21-26 National Sea Cadet Regatta
September 23-25 CORK Fall Regatta
Volunteer registration for CORK 2016 is available on-line at http://www.cork.org/members/sign_in.php
| Volunteers Needed
Planning for 2016 regattas at our club is going well. To provide the best events we need lots of volunteers - people to work on water and to help ashore.
The 2016 events are:
July 1 - 3 - Shark North American Championship
July 9 - 10 - Viper 640 Canadian Championship
July 29 - 31 - The Annual KYC Skiff Regatta (29er, 49er, 49erFX)
September 10, 11 - IOM (International One Metre) Eastern Canadian Championship
September 10 - 17 - Soling World Championship
More information about these events is posted to the KYC website under the Sailing/Racing/Regattas tab.
If you'd like to come and play, send your name to Greg McNab firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you about scheduling.
Everyone is welcome. For new people we'll provide training. For those who have been involved previously, we'll just provide the usual fun.
| Kingston Power and Sail Squadron Upcoming events
Up-coming RVCC checks will be performed at KYC on Sunday, June 12th from 10:00am to 2:00 pm.
KPSS Events Coming up @ KYC