Your private getaway in the Thousand Islands
The new dock provides plenty of room to relax
The floating section of dock is 10' wide by 108" long. It is attached to a fixed shore section by an articulated ramp to accommodate water level changes. The following diagram shows the dock layout and depths.
Please note that the outer two dock anchors are 11' from the outer corners (at 40 degrees), and at 0.7 above datum, the large concrete anchors are at a depth of 8.5' with anchor chains transitioning from 8.5' to 6.5' at the outer corners of the dock. There are a second set of anchors further in. Please note that beyond 10' from either side of the dock are various rocks and obstructions that rise up ~1-2' from the bottom.
Each side should be able to accommodate two 30-35' boats, plus a Shark at the innermost location for a total of 6 boats at the dock. With rafting, there could be room for 8-10 boats at the dock with room for motor boats, and dinghies further in.
Getting There by Water
Located on the second last point on the North-East end of Wolfe Island, the property is an easy sail from KYC, and less than an hour away from Admiralty Islands (Parks Map here).
- Location: Just West of Brakey Bay at the East end of Wolfe Island
- Distance by Water: 11.3nm
- Current: Downstream (East) current from 0.25 - 1.0kt.
- GPS Coordinates: N44 14.001 W76 14.240
- Navigation Hazards:
- Holliday Point - H37
- Shallow water between Oak Point and Holliday Point
- West Cardinal Buoy at West end of Howe Island
- Distance to Gananoque: 6.7nm
Getting There by Land
A pleasant ferry ride followed by short drive to the East will have you at the property in no time at all. The grid pattern of the road layout on the Island results in a zig-zag drive to the East end of the Island. If you time the ferry well, you should be at the property in less than an hour.
- Take the Ferry to Wolfe Island (schedule) ~25 minutes.
- Once on the Island, follow the route on the map below, or use this Google Map
- Approximate Distance: 21.4km
- Approximate Distance: 21.4km
- Close the gate behind you to keep the cows out!
- Please park only near the entrance gate.
- Dock: The Club is excited to offer members a significant upgrade of the facilities for the 2012 season. A new 140' of dock 108' of which is floating (50' longer) now replaces the crooked dock that was previously there. The new dock is longer and wider, very stable and should be able to accommodate more boats that before. NOTE: North to North-East winds can produce rough conditions at the dock, so check the weather before you leave.
- Mooring Balls: For overflow usage, riding out a North wind, or just for the privacy and quiet, there are now 4 mooring balls. The outer two are new and have 2500lb anchors, and the inner two have 750lb anchors. Please allow larger boats to user the outer mooring balls.
- Fire Pit: There is a fire pit with a stone surround for you to enjoy. There are log seats nearby. Be safe, and ensure any fire is completely extinguished when you return to your boat for the night, or leave the property. The Club keeps a supply of firewood at the property. Please let the General Manager know if it is running low.
- BBQs: There is a large coal BBQ as well as a large set of propane burners (though you need to supply your own propane)
- Chairs: There are a number of Club chairs and seats at the site. They should be stored under when not in use to keep them clean and dry.
- Outhouses: One outhouse is available throughout the season.
1. No guest boats on wet mooring facilities (includes rafting);
2. Wet mooring facilities (including rafting) are reserved for Full Members only.
3. Reciprocal privileges do not extend to use of the Wolfe Island Property
4. No generators permitted on the property or on boats at wet moorings;
5. Boats moored on the dock for 2 nights or longer must give way to newly arriving boats (e.g. raft or move to mooring ball);
6. Consideration must always be given to other members enjoying the facility (e.g. accommodating those who request dockside/rafted mooring);
7. All regulations in place for guests to KYC facilities extend to the use of Jemmett's Landing;
8. Boats must fly the KYC Burgee at all times when at a mooring (dock or mooring ball).
- All garbage and recycling must removed from the property when you leave. There are no garbage facilities at the property.
- Shallow draft boats should move as far toward shore on the dock as depth will allow, and similarly, lighter displacement boats should use the inner two mooring balls, leaving the moorings with heavier anchors for larger boats.
- Please keep the outhouse clean and report any issues (dirty, lack of TP, etc.) to the General Manager. Leave the property cleaner than you found it.
- Do not leave lawn chairs and similar personal items on the dock over night as this can be a tripping hazard for other boaters, and they may blow off into the water.
- If you are the last to leave the property, please store all chairs and equipment in the proper locations to keep them clean and dry.
- Keep the gate closed at all times, except when entering and exiting (otherwise you may have bovine visitors!)
- Pets are welcome, but must be cleaned up after, and be kept under control at all times.
- While it has mostly been eradicated, be advised that there has been Poison Ivy at the property.
- Ticks are now common place in the region, and commonly carry the bacteria that causes Lyme Disease. Ticks have been reported on Wolfe Island near the property as well as the surrounding islands. Please monitor your pets, and yourself for bites and tell tale sign and contact your doctor/veterinarian if you suspect a bit has occurred.
Please remember to leave the property as you found it and to report any problems to the General Manager. The property is maintained by the Club, but also by member volunteers. If you would like to help out and contribute to the property please let us know (contact the Club Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org).